Thursday, February 20, 2014

Saturday Night is Also Lonely (by Lamberto G. Ceballos; published in Home Life July 1999)

Saturday Night is Also Lonely
(by Lamberto G.Ceballos; published in Home Life July 1999)


The office chores have already been put away
Inside cold steel cabinets.
On the street I am now a stranger
To nondescript faces from nowhere
Only to be gone in the midst
Of interweaving scenes of light
And shadows.
How lonely the hours of one who wlaks alone,
Who feels the pain of a friend's absence.

Here in this KTV bar they don't care
And don't really know if a song is sung
In pain as a love of long ago did
Under a golden moon after losing his bride.

You're not here, my friend,
And I cannot flee from the drowning
Loneliness even when beer mugs clink
In the dimly lit room that engulfs me.
On the sill of my silence
My heart becomes a wounded bluebird
Poised to fly home.

RESPONSES:

from: Ning Trinidad
GSIS, Tuguegarao 3500
Cagayan

Office, Friday July 9, 1999 3:05 p.m. - breaktime

Sitting all alone at my table, eating my ginatan and juice... I came across your eye catching title "... Is Also Lonely."  I was thinking of going out on Saturday, by myself (as always) - on a bar - enjoying the music and at least two shots of Bailey's, then off to my bed at 10:00pm. Yeah, you were right... INDEED, "SATURDAY NIGHT IS ALSO LONELY."


from: Vladimir Lucero
DMMA Tigatto Road
Buhangin 8000 Davao city

Lamberto, my friend: Yours is a masterpiece created to touch my heart. -- from a NEW FRIEND Vladimir

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. ... my life has been a poor attempt to imitate the man. i'm just a living legacy...

      Delete
    2. https://plus.google.com/u/0/103396296008084435582/posts

      Delete